About the Role:
Are you looking for a position where no two days are the same? Do challenges excite you? Then this could be the ideal job for you! Within the Information Technology Department, you’ll be working alongside a dedicated team that is responsible for providing the St. Olaf community with computing services. In this role, you will be working closely with stakeholders to identify goals, develop best practices for data collection, and analyze current processes to determine what can be improved to achieve their desired outcome.
What You’ll Do:
• Look for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues, and deliver better value to the different administrative offices
• Develop relationships with the different administrative offices, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration
• Help design, document, and maintain system processes
• Define reporting and alerting requirements
• Design and develop QA best practices college-wide
• Collaborate with various business department users to help define and prioritize project task
• Create test plans and test cases, including mapping requirements to unit, integration, and system tests
• Determine and oversee consistent testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting of all products in all stages of completion
Who You Are:
A successful candidate must have...
A bachelor’s degree; 2+ years of experience in higher education, business, or government, with knowledge of current finance and human capital management (HCM) issues; business analysis/and or project management experience, or relevant experience
It will be helpful if you have...
Bachelor’s degree with a technical major such as Project Management, Business, Information Management, Computer Science, or related field; experience in business analysis/and or project management for a major enterprise system (financials, HR, enrollment, scheduling, etc.) in higher education; knowledge of Infor or Oracle Software
Skills and attributes we'd like you to have:
• Skill in business process improvement, accounting, and project management
• Proven ability to self-manage and complete project deliverables
• Confident in making decisions, accurate, detailed-oriented, and able to problem solve/analyze
• Communicate and validate requirements with relevant stakeholders
• Excellent organizational skills including multitasking and attention to details
• Identify automation opportunities
• Experience with manual testing, including creating, maintaining, and executing test plans
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Access
• Knowledge of concepts of relational database structures and queries
• Ability and willingness to support, respect, and commit to embracing diverse backgrounds, values, and points of view to build a strong and inclusive community including faculty, staff, students, and constituents
If you have a positive attitude, enjoy variety in your days, hope to work in a respectful and collaborative team environment, and are ready to share the responsibility of providing the St. Olaf community with computing services, please apply to join the IT Enterprise Information team at St. Olaf!
Please review the job description here:
Who We Are:
Founded in 1874, St. Olaf College is a residential, coeducational liberal arts college with approximately 3,000 students and 800 faculty and staff employees. The college is located on a picturesque 300-acre campus in Northfield, Minnesota, a vibrant, restored, historic river town of 20,000 located 45 minutes south of culturally rich and diverse Minneapolis and St. Paul.
The college offers an academically rigorous, nationally ranked liberal arts education that fosters the development of the whole person in mind, body, and spirit and emphasizes learning in an inclusive and globally engaged community. We encourage applications from candidates committed to multicultural understanding and the enrichment of our diverse community.
The college offers a comprehensive benefits package including a 9% company retirement match, company monthly contributions to a retirement healthcare account, company contributions to eligible employee’s health savings account, significant tuition discount (up to 80% off) at ACM and ELCA colleges and universities for employee’s children, and generous paid time off. For a full review of benefit offerings, see the summary of the benefits program here: https://wp.stolaf.edu/hr/benefits/
To provide a safe and secure educational environment, St. Olaf College verifies the accuracy of all credentials presented by applicants and conducts a criminal background check on every new hire.
A summary of the Flexible Work Policy: https://wp.stolaf.edu/hr/flexible-work-policy/
A link to our DEI page: https://wp.stolaf.edu/equity-inclusion/
A virtual campus tour: https://www.stolaf.edu/multimedia/play/?p=483
An overview of Northfield: https://wp.stolaf.edu/admissions/visit/northfield/
An overview of the Twin Cities: https://wp.stolaf.edu/admissions/visit/twincities/
St. Olaf College requires all employees to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccination, as defined by the CDC. A reasonable accommodation may apply because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Compliance with St. Olaf's COVID-19 policy is a condition of employment. Under current guidelines, "up to date" means one updated (bivalent) booster, which became available on September 7, 2022. If and when this guidance changes, employees will be required to get additional boosters as indicated by CDC guidelines.
St. Olaf College is an equal employment opportunity and voluntary affirmative action employer. The College is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community. With regard to its hiring and employment practices, the College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment based upon an individual’s legally protected status including race, color, creed, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, or status with regard to public assistance.
For Staff Application Assistance:
For Faculty Application Assistance:
Title IX Contact Information:
Pamela McDowell, Title IX and Section 504 Coordinator
1520 St. Olaf Avenue, Tomson Hall 180
Northfield, MN 55057