About the Role:
Are you a friendly and organized collaborator and project manager? Do you enjoy working with a dedicated group of professionals? As the Advancement Administrative Assistant, you’ll be supporting the offices of Alumni & Parent Relations, Annual Fund, Development, and Donor Relations. You will work closely with divisional leadership to provide administrative, customer service, and project management support for the Advancement Division.
You will have the opportunity to maintain a flexible and successful hybrid office/home working schedule, working remotely one day a week, as you work alongside the rest of the Advancement staff.
What You’ll Do:
• Provide program, operations support, and customer service for the offices of Alumni & Parent Relations, Annual Fund, Development, and Donor Relations
• Work as part of a team to provide administrative support to the Advancement Division Directors and other staff members, including the 50th Reunion Volunteer Committees
• Coordinate and maintain budgets for the offices of the Advancement Division
• Provide project management system training to colleagues as needed
• Train and supervise office student worker(s)
• Contribute to the overall success of the Advancement Division through teamwork and collaboration
Who You Are:
The qualified candidate will have…
• A high school degree or equivalent; 1+ years of relative office or administrative experience.
It will be helpful if you have…
• Bachelor’s degree, 3+ years of relevant office or administrative experience; customer service experience; previous experience with, or an understanding of higher education and/or philanthropy.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply…
• You work productively as an individual and collaborate well with a diverse range of people, and are able to establish and maintain a good rapport with others
• You have excellent communication skills in both oral and written form
• You are skilled in monitoring budgets carefully and stewarding resources well
• You are flexible, detail-oriented, and analytical
• You are organized, professional, and able to manage many different projects at once
• You have experience with computer applications and Google and Microsoft suite of products and are willing to learn new, college specific software
• You support, respect and commit to embracing diverse backgrounds, values and points of view to build a strong and inclusive community
Pay rate - $21.00 per hour
If you like new opportunities, have a strong eye for detail, and enjoy working with fun, dynamic, and collaborative teams, apply to join St. Olaf’s Advancement division.
Please review the job description here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/180QHAly1K6SiRhPnkQ-vgG3V_TL7v-sn/view?usp=sharing
Who We Are:
Founded in 1874, St. Olaf College is a residential, coeducational liberal arts college with approximately 3,000 students and 800 faculty and staff employees. The college is located on a picturesque 300-acre campus in Northfield, Minnesota, a vibrant, restored, historic river town of 20,000 located 45 minutes south of culturally rich and diverse Minneapolis and St. Paul.
The college offers an academically rigorous, nationally ranked liberal arts education that fosters the development of the whole person in mind, body, and spirit and emphasizes learning in an inclusive and globally engaged community. We encourage applications from candidates committed to multicultural understanding and the enrichment of our diverse community.
The college offers a comprehensive benefits package including a 9% company retirement match, company monthly contributions to a retirement healthcare account, company contributions to eligible employee’s health savings account, significant tuition discount (up to 80% off) at ACM and ELCA colleges and universities for employee’s children, and generous paid time off. For a full review of benefit offerings, see the summary of the benefits program here: https://wp.stolaf.edu/hr/benefits/
To provide a safe and secure educational environment, St. Olaf College verifies the accuracy of all credentials presented by applicants and conducts a criminal background check on every new hire.
A summary of the Flexible Work Policy: https://wp.stolaf.edu/hr/flexible-work-policy/
A link to our DEI page: https://wp.stolaf.edu/equity-inclusion/
A virtual campus tour: https://www.stolaf.edu/multimedia/play/?p=483
An overview of Northfield: https://wp.stolaf.edu/admissions/visit/northfield/
An overview of the Twin Cities: https://wp.stolaf.edu/admissions/visit/twincities/
St. Olaf College requires all employees to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccination, as defined by the CDC. You may request an accommodation. Compliance with St. Olaf's COVID-19 policy is a condition of employment. Under current guidelines, "up to date" means one updated (bivalent) booster, which became available on September 7, 2022.
St. Olaf College is an equal employment opportunity and voluntary affirmative action employer. The College is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community. With regard to its hiring and employment practices, the College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment based upon an individual’s legally protected status including race, color, creed, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, or status with regard to public assistance.
For Staff Application Assistance:
For Faculty Application Assistance:
Title IX Contact Information:
Pamela McDowell, Title IX and Section 504 Coordinator
1520 St. Olaf Avenue, Tomson Hall 180
Northfield, MN 55057